We’re a good week into the new year and I’ve had a whole week to reflect on this past one. 2012 was a pretty awesome year. I must admit. I will also admit that there were some very sucky and low points, but holistically, it was a very memorable year for me. Here are some of the best and worst moments.
- I brought in the year in the best city to bring in any year. New York City!
- I got a job. In 2011, I landed a role at a PR agency I interned at while in school. Toward the end of the year, I was informed that the agency would be closing thus, leaving me without a job. Long story short, I got another one. At a pretty cool digital marketing agency. With people who I thought were pretty cool (more about that later).
- I ended a 3-year sob-story of a “romance.” This was definitely a combination of both a high and low point of the year. Low point, it was certainly a sob story. I spent the early part of the year crying like I’d lost my best friend (I mean, I did, kinda). High point: I hopped off the emotional roller coaster of a “relationship” (or lack thereof) without relapse (this is important).
- I met this guy. He’s great. And now he’s more than just this guy. More like, boyfriend, best friend, housemate? Anyway, you get the drift. We’ve very literally been inseparable since the early part of the year and I don’t see that changing for a very long time.
- I went to Vegas for the first time. Said guy and I took a weekend trip in May to Sin City. It was my first time. And I went out like a whimp. We didn’t party, we didn’t gamble. But we ate and we drank and we were merry. We enjoyed each other’s company. It was a great trip.
- I lost aforementioned job. I’ll be the mature one and not go into detail. Because as we learned as kindergartners, if you don’t have anything nice to say… you know the rest.
- I was faced with a lifetime low after losing said job. While I was truly blessed financially, emotionally, I was bruised, scarred, torn. I’m sure in the future, I’ll learn to appreciate the experience. Only because you can’t sincerely appreciate the high points if you have never experienced the lows.
- I went to New York…again. Twice in one year. Makes for a great year.
- Low point. Two girls that went to high school with me and transplanted to Dallas as well, were hit by a car. They were best friends. One passed, the other lived. It still hurts my heart.
- I got a new car. Her name is Molly. She’s a Beamer. Her insides are red. And I love her.
- I GOT ANOTHER JOB. Praises to the most high. This time, bigger and better than before.
- I spent my first Christmas away from home. In Dallas. With my guy and his family. While I was sad, just a little bit, I don’t regret a second. And, we had a white Christmas!
- I hosted an awesome NYE party. Details to come!
- 2012 marked a year that I had been out of college. The “real world” never tasted so sweet…. and sour… at once.
Welp, that’s my 2012 in a bulleted list. I’m hoping 2013 will be the best year yet. I will most certainly keep you posted on that. How was your 2012? What are you looking forward to in this new year?